Hyperion USB Drivers (Updated July 25, 2009)
DRIVERS DOWNLOAD - VCP Driver Kit for
Click Here NOW to visit Silicon Labs for VCP Driver Kit
The Hyperion USB adapters are based on a Silicon Labs CP210x
Chipset. Chargers with built-in USB, such as EOS0720i-NET3,
also use this driver package.
Do not connect your adapter or charger to the PC's USB port until
step #4 in instructions below.
INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS for the Windows driver sets:
1) Download the executable file to any folder on your computer, and
double-click the file to begin installation
2) If warned about Windows Compatibility, click OK (or RUN). The
drivers ARE certified.
3) Take note of the default storage path for the driver files
4) Connect PRGUSB Adapter to an open USB Port on your PC (or connect
charger with USB, and power ON the charger)
If during the driver package install it asks "do you want to install
the drivers" and you say "yes", you should be able to finish after
step 4 is completed. Otherwise continue with step 5 to
manually install the drivers.
5) Windows should pop up an ADD HARDWARE dialog box. To keep things
simple, we will tell windows where to find the drivers... The below
is for XP and similar, but the process will be the same for all Win
OS, even if wording differs.
* If asked, "Connect to Win Update?", choose "Not this time"
* Choose "Install from Specific Location" at next screen, then
enable the BROWSE dialog box and browse to the store folder for the
* When you have selected the proper folder, the OK button is
enabled. Click it.
* The USB Driver will install
* After USB Driver is installed, the same process repeats to create
a virtual COM port. Repeat the driver selection process (made
easier now, as Windows remembers the previous path to the files)
Now, the LED on the PRGUSB chip should be GREEN. (for USB
adapters only) If it is still RED:
*Check Windows Device Manager, PORTS section, to see that the COM
port (CP210x ) is loaded properly in windows.
*Check Windows Device Manager, USB section, to see that the USB
Driver (CP210x Composite Device) is loaded properly in windows.
*On some systems, you may need to always connect the USB Adapter to
the same USB Port. Try each USB Port to check this.
[We do not support PC setup questions, so ask a friend if you get
USING the 4-PIN TI-PRGUSB ADAPTER with TITAN ESC and EMETER
* Whenever connecting the PRGUSB Adapter, be sure that GRD/V+/Tx/Rx
orientation is correct.
* For TITAN ESC, note that the "blanked" pin on the adapter
connector is always next to GRD
* For EMETER v1, you MUST use the supplied Emeter Adapter Cable
between Emeter and TI-PRGUSB
* For EMETER v1, note that you MUST turn
Emeter ON first, then connect TI-PRGUSB to Emeter.
(otherwise, you will see a "low battery" warning from
* For RDU unit, connect directly to the TI-PRGUSB. Do NOT use the
adapter marked "Emeter".
All rights reserved Hyperion HK Ltd., 2005~2007